Ivermectin is a prescription anti-parasitic medication that comes in oral tablets and helps treat parasitic infections. This medicine is also available under the brand-name Stromectol, and both brand-name and generic versions are readily available to purchase. Anyone with a correct prescription can buy Ivermectin online or offline at their local drugstore without any hassle.
Experts are also investigating this drug’s effectiveness against the SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19. The study has not yielded any significant results yet, but researchers are working to find if they can use this drug to fight coronavirus.
While it is unknown whether this drug could protect against COVID-19, you can still buy Ivermectin online to treat the problems for which the FDA approved this medicine.
Uses of Ivermectin
Doctors recommend this drug for treating parasites’ infections, including the parasites that attack the intestinal tract, eyes, and skin.
This medicine fights the infection by killing the parasite or stopping it from reproducing. When you consume this drug, it releases its substance into the body. These medicinal components reach the infection site and start working on the parasite. This drug binds to the internal organs of the parasite and eventually paralyzes and kills it. If it is not successful in killing it, the medicine stops the parasite from making larvae and reproducing, bringing the infection under control.
Dosage of Ivermectin
When you order Ivermectin online, you get the medication guide and prescription label containing the standard dosage information. While that is helpful, you should also consult a doctor about this medicine’s optimum dose for your condition because the adequate amount varies from person to person based on various factors, including:
- Patient’s age
- Type of problem
- The severity of the issue
- Other medical condition they might have
- How their body reacts to the medication
A doctor has to consider all these before recommending the optimal quantity to consume.
The typical Ivermectin dosage is as per the following:
For intestinal tract infection
- The typical dose is 200 mcg/kg of body weight.
- Take the entire amount as one dose.
- Usually, one dose is enough, but if the doctors suggest, you can take another.
For skin or eyes infection
- The typical dose is 150 mcg/kg of body weight.
- Consume the whole amount as one dose.
- Your doctor will decide the frequency and quantity of follow-up treatment with this drug.
Side effects of Ivermectin
Though the FDA has approved this medicine for treating parasitic infections, it can still cause some adverse effects, especially if not taken with proper cautions. This drug usually produces some mild side effects, but people who order Ivermectin online and use it without consulting a doctor might be more prone to its severe adverse effects.
Common side effects
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Loss of energy
- Joint pain
These mild symptoms don’t require any treatment as they vanish in a few days. However, if they linger for long, make sure to let the doctor know and seek the appropriate remedy.
Serious side effects
- Neck and back pain
- Loss of vision
- Pain, swelling, bleeding, or redness of eyes
- Difficulty breathing
- Trouble standing
- Inability to control bowel movement and urination
- Low blood pressure
- Liver damage
- Severe skin problems
- Dark urine
The severe side effects might become life-threatening if you don’t treat them in time. As soon as these symptoms appear, contact the doctor. If the intensity is high, visit the ER or call 911 without wasting any time.
If you are deciding to buy Ivermectin online or offline, make sure to learn about the warnings and precautions before consuming the drug. Following some standard guidelines can make a huge difference in whether you will get the benefits or adverse effects of this medicine. Often, people use this drug carelessly and encounter undesirable effects that can have a lasting impact on their health. To prevent any unfortunate incident from happening, try to be careful and heed doctor’s advice while using this drug.
The following list contains what you should do and avoid while using this drug to prevent facing adverse effects:
- Avoid using this drug if you have asthma, liver problems, seizures, or HIV because these medical conditions can alter how this medicine works on the body, increasing the risk of side effects.
- Discuss your allergies with the doctor before using this drug, as an allergic reaction can result in difficulty breathing, swelling of tongue or throat, skin rash, and even death in rare cases.
- This medicine can also produce harmful effects if you mix it with other prescription or non-prescription medications, vitamins, herbs, or other substances. Ask a doctor about this drug’s safety if you are using other medicines or herbal supplements.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while using this drug, as it can worsen this drug’s side effects.
- This medicine might also have adverse effects on the fetus if consumed by pregnant women. Try consulting a doctor before using it during pregnancy.
- This drug can also harm an infant’s health by passing into breastmilk. Try avoiding this medicine if you are breastfeeding.