What is Hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine belongs to the quinoline family of medications that help treat or prevent malaria. It is a prescription medication that doctors usually recommend to people with malaria or those who want to travel to areas with a higher risk of contracting the disease, like Africa, South America, and Southern Asia. This medicine is readily available, as anyone with a doctor’s prescription can buy Hydroxychloroquine online or at their local drugstore.
While researchers are testing this medicine to fight coronavirus, you should not use it to treat or prevent COVID-19 unless enrolled in a study and consuming this drug under a professional’s supervision.
Though it is easy to purchase Hydroxychloroquine and start using it, try to consult with a doctor about this drug’s risks and benefits before using it for your problems.
Uses of Hydroxychloroquine
Doctors primarily recommend this medicine to people who have contracted malaria or traveling to places where they are likely to contract this disease. This medicine is also useful in combating other medical problems, including rheumatoid arthritis, discoid, and systemic lupus erythematosus.
Depending on the condition to treat, a doctor might prescribe this drug as a stand-alone option or as a part of a combinational therapy where you have to take it with other medications. Remember, when mixing it with other drugs, don’t try to alter the composition because doing so can result in severe side effects.
It is a potent medication that works by attacking the malaria parasite and killing it. However, this drug might also affect your immune system functions to treat other medical issues. So if you order Hydroxychloroquine online, try not to use it without checking with a doctor about its safety.
This medicine’s effective dose varies from person to person, so before you buy Hydroxychloroquine online to treat your problem, make sure to consult a doctor about the most optimum amount for your condition. A doctor can recommend the best dosage, depending on the following factors:
- Patient’s age
- Type of problem
- The severity of the issue
- Other medical conditions that the patient might have
- How the patient’s body reacts to the drug
The typical Hydroxychloroquine dosage is as per the following:
- The initial dose is 800mg.
- Consume additional 400mg six hours after the first dose.
- Take another 400mg dose after 24 hours from the first one.
- Use an addiction 400mg of the drug 48 hours after the initial dose.
- Use 400mg of the drug once a week.
- Consume it on the same day every week.
- Start the treatment two weeks before visiting a malaria-prone destination.
- Continue consuming the medicine for at least four weeks after leaving that area.
Side effects of Hydroxychloroquine
People using this anti-malaria drug might experience its mild or severe side effects. Typically, a person would not encounter such adversities if they consume this drug as prescribed by their doctor. However, following the guidelines does not guarantee that you will not face its side effects. While everyone using this drug runs the risk of encountering its side effects, people who buy Hydroxychloroquine online and use it without consulting a doctor have significantly more chances of experiencing the adverse effects.
Common side effects
- Stomach cramps
These mild side effects don’t usually require medical attention, as they typically vanish in a couple of days. However, call the doctor and seek proper treatment if the symptoms last for longer.
Serious side effects
- Suicidal thoughts
- Abnormal mood changes
- Hair loss
- Muscle weakness
- Black-blue skin color
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Severe hypoglycemia
- Sore throat
- Ringing in ears
- Hearing loss
- Heart disease
- Blurred vision
- Permanent vision changes
These severe symptoms often need immediate medical assistance, or they might turn life-threatening. If you encounter these, make sure to stop using the drug, let the doctor know, and if the symptoms are too discomforting, visit the ER or call 911.
Hydroxychloroquine is among the most prevalent anti-malaria medications. With the researchers’ recent focus to find its use against the coronavirus, people started taking a peculiar interest in this drug. While you can easily buy Hydroxychloroquine online or offline with a doctor’s prescription, you should try not to use this medicine without taking the standard precautions. Try to look at the below-listed things to make sure you don’t encounter this drug’s severe side effects while using it.
- This medicine can be dangerous for your heart, especially if you are using other drugs like antibiotics.
- Try using this medicine as prescribed by your doctor because taking a higher dose or using it for more than the recommended period might cause irreversible vision damage.
- Immediately stop consuming this medication and call your doctor if you experience any vision changes.
- Try not to use this drug without consulting a doctor if you have medical problems like diabetes, psoriasis, alcoholism, heart disease, heart rhythm disorder, stomach disorder, liver or kidney disease, porphyria, quinine allergy.
- Try not to mix this drug with other prescription or non-prescription medications because they can interact with it to produce adverse effects.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or using marijuana while consuming this drug because these intoxicating substances can worsen this drug’s side effects.
- This medicine might cause complications during surgery. Ensure the surgeon know ahead of time about this drug usage to avoid any such complications.
- This drug might make the user more sensitive to the sun. So, try limiting your exposure to the sun while using this drug.
- Strictly control older people’s dosage because they are more sensitive to this drug’s adverse effects.
- Before taking this drug, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant because this medicine might harm the unborn child.
- It can also have adverse effects on an infant’s health because it can pass into breastmilk. So, if you are breastfeeding, don’t use this medicine without consulting a doctor.